Friday 27 March 2015

My Personal Corner!!

Seldom do I feel like putting across a slice of my life for the virtual world to read. But a wise man once told me that you are food writer later but a blogger first. I may have started this corner as an ode to what I do to earn the butter for the household; but a blog is personal, with a nice big touch of your private life in each post. And sometimes putting across a nice story is a good way to unwind as a writer. This is not much of a foodie post, but still a post that culminates all that ANTARA ROY has ever aspired to be. 

My Journey of story telling started with this simple picture-less piece about the most beautiful meal I had. It was liked by many and till date I get a stray mail from admirers saying how beautifully the words poured out in the article, where the climax was so unexpected. 


"Mumbai is finally raining! Ahh… Such relief from the hot and humid. It’s cool now, and I have a view of green covered mountains from my window ledge. I just want to sit on it with a steaming transparent cup of white leaf tea, the perfect brew- which shines golden in the cloudy sun outside; and remember that beautiful time when we were together! The perfect candlelight dinner I made for u to surprise you. You craved for that cheesy lasagne for long. I delivered it with just the perfect amount of naughtiness in the form of 2 well rounded cheeses- cheddar and...."
Read More

Then the new mommy in me got rebellious and penned out another classic article that busted many myths for mothers like me. I was appalled to see even educated teachers of schools were a part in suggesting me these myths to follow. Hence I felt this article was a need for the hour. 

"So finally, he arrived!! After the 9 months long drill, I couldn’t wait to take him in my arms… It was different, he was red like a tomato, eyes tightly shut by the heavy eyelids; felt like a little mountain baby in my very eastern bong hands. I was a first-time mom, and it was the first time I held such a tiny creature. I was beyond elated and blissfully unaware of the days and nights ahead!! But that story of how I embraced motherhood is for my journals to...."
Read More

But I want this post to end in a good note. A good feeling is ever so important, and what better way than to involve you in the journey of my growing toddler. Its a wonderful story of looking up! 


 

"I like to think I am a simple person. All who know me, would agree that it’s not such a difficult task to make me smile! A glass of wine, a smile on my toddler, a nice song on my lips to hum and a tasty plate of warm food. All this in no particular order, is good enough to lighten my mood and bring out a broad smile on my face. I am in the middle of a huge change. It’s a new beginning in a new city right now. The business hotel that is my temporary abode......"
Read More

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are always eager to hear your take on food, my way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...